What Happens to Junk Cars and Trucks
Houston Junk Car Buyer has been in business for over 40 years right here in the Houston area. In this time, we have recycled many vehicles and reclaimed many resources that might usually go unreclaimed. We like to preserve our planet for future generations!
What Services Does Houston Junk Car Buyer Offer?Simply put, we will pay you top dollar for your junk car running or not, but we are much more than that! This short article will attempt to fill you in on what happens to junk cars once we purchase them. Whether we purchase your old vehicle running or not, it goes through several stages. We call these reclaiming stages. Each step has its step within it that is vital to the process. The materials that we reclaim are used to make many other valuable commodities used in everyday life. About 98% of the vehicle is recycled and reclaimed; nothing goes to waste that can be recycled or repurposed. From the time Houston Junk Car Buyer was opened, we have always prided ourselves on being the green alternative to junk car buyers and junk car consumers. The founder was way ahead of his time. We believe that we are investing in the future of our world and country. By recycling instead of throwing recyclable things into a landfill, we save our natural resources leaving less of a footprint for the generations to come.
Steps to recycling vehicles:
- Procuring the vehicle.
- We purchase junk cars from the Houston community. These cars are paid for and towed for free. Houston Junk Car Buyer prides itself in paying more than any other junk car buyer.
- Proper paperwork is to be done on all junk cars or junk trucks.
- When your vehicle is purchased, state-mandated paperwork must be sent to the state, notifying you that it was purchased for salvage.
- License plates and stickers were removed.
- At this point, we take off your old license plate and destroy them. We cut the license plate up and place the pieces in a cube to be recycled into usable materials. The inspection stickers and registration stickers are removed and shredded; this paper is also recycled.
- Fluids are removed from the vehicle.
- All liquids and gasses are removed from the car and sent out to be reclaimed into new products for the public to purchase.
- Usable cores are removed to be sent out to rebuilders.
- Usable Cores are withdrawn from the vehicle and sent out to rebuilders to rebuild them or certify them to be resold. These parts are commonly sold in auto parts as refurbished rebuilt parts.
- After everything is removed from the vehicle, the vehicle is shredded.
- Spreading an old junk vehicle is a critical part of recycling old cars. At this point, the car is ground into half-dollar size pieces. The types of metals are separated into different types. Everything from aluminum, steel, and copper is reclaimed. This is all recycled. Even the fabric on the seats is split and sent out to be repurposed.